An exciting missive from Miss Araminta Cranberry — Head Librarian, Woodville Village Library.
I have splendid news. After some considerable cajoling, I have persuaded local author Mark Stay to pop down to the village printers and order some bookplates (*what’s a bookplate? Please see below). And not only that, he’s agreed to give 50 away in a draw. You could be in with a chance of getting one if you pre-order The Ghost of Ivy Barn in the month of February 2022! I’ve also convinced him to extend this offer to anyone who asks their local library to get the book in, too… though quite what they can do with a signed bookplate when they have to eventually return the book to the library is a mystery. Mr Stay suggested they slap it on their forehead as a sign of their devotion.
So how does one obtain one of these bookplates?
- Pre-order The Ghost of Ivy Barn in paperback, eBook or audiobook from any UK retailer (there’s a list here). Or pop along to your local library and ask them to order a copy.
- You should receive some form of proof-of-purchase.
- Email the proof-of-purchase to me at email@example.com
- Also — and this is important! — please complete this form. It allows me to keep track of everyone who has pre-ordered the book. If one is not on the form, one will not be entered into the draw.
- All pre-orders must be made before midnight on Monday 28th February 2022.
- We will then draw 50 names at random and send them their signed/dedicated bookplates.
Full terms and conditions are here.
WHAT’S A BOOKPLATE?
It’s a small sticky label that the author signs so that you can put in the front of your book and pretend you met them and bask in their reflected glory.
Here is the current design for the new bookplate (you’ll just have to imagine Mr Stay’s scrawl in the middle there)…
Until next time, happy reading!
Miss Araminta Cranberry
Woodville Village Library